Well not much new, but I didn't post yesterday so I figured I should post something. Oh but I did do something that was really new for me. Friday night I hung out with some friends one of which just got a new Wii. Now some of you may wander what in fact is a Wii. Well it is pronounced /wee/ and it is a video game system. The player holds the controller in his or her hand and moves with realistic motions to what is happening on the screen. So when you are playing tennis you use a forehand and a backhand. Now I didn't hold out much hope because I have never been particularly good at either video games or actual sports. But I didn't suck. The best part is the constant reminders to keep the strap connected to the controller securely on your wrist. Apparently all over the world these things are just flying out of control. And we got to witness that Friday night. Justin actually shot his controller across the room while playing tennis. It was fantastic. There are also warnings about making sure no one or no thing is too close to you while you are playing. I'm guessing there are broken lamps everywhere as a result of a particularly raukus round of Wii bowling. And er visits were probably up as well. "Bubba how'd you get that black eye? Bar fight?" "No, huh,hunh, freakin' Wii, man." It was great fun. We played until after midnight. Then I got up and ran on Saturday morning. I am quite the athlete, don't you think?
Well it is late on Sunday night. I spent the evening at some friends house for a cookout. Where I had a fantastic chili dog. We are talkin' goo-ood And I got to play with their adorable son who has energy enough for about 15 kids. We played ball in the backyard. I would pitch and he would hit For four he is a great batter. For 35 I suck as a pitcher. Okay maybe I'm not much of an athlete. At one point I actually hit him with the ball. Yes, I hit a four year old with a wild pitch. Fortunately it was only a wiffle ball, but still. I haven't felt this bad since I hit my pregnant high school gym teacher with a tennis ball. But no one got hurt. Then after we stopped playing ball he just kept saying want to play in my room? Very cute. It was great.
Alright, happy Monday to you all. I'll think about you while I'm having a day off.
1 comment:
You have such a fun life!!! Geesh! My days are never as interesting as yours. I mean, I am sure part of it is the fact that there ARE people under the age of 80 living in your city, but still, you must be like the world's greatest fun person!
Post a Comment