Greetings from sunny San Diego. Where let me tell you it is hot. I am talking H-O-T. Now I know that it is not as hot as it is on the east coast or Atlanta or in Florida where I grew up. But I am now living in San Francisco where the temperature is never any colder than 60 and never hotter than 80. So I am not use to this kind of heat. And yes it is a dry heat, blah, blah, blah. But it is hot!!!!!
We went to Balboa Park today. It is a great park here in San Diego. Currently Mark is making us dinner and then, wait for it, wait for it...
We are going to see the Harry Potter movie. Oh yeah! I cannot wait! I am so excited I will probably pee my pants just as soon as the opening credits begin. I'll give you all a full report.
I also hope that my friend Mary Sue and I can put together a video blog post before I leave. That will be fun don't you think?
Alright, I'm going to stick my head in the refrigerator to try and cool off.
Stay Cool
2 comments:
Mike and I are going to the late show tonight, after my wedding rehearsal (not for my wedding, but a rehearsal I am leading, I'm sure you understand what I mean). If we don't go tonight, it would be another week till I could go because of the wedding itself on Sat and then being out at camp with a bunch of 4th and 5th graders next week, many of whom will probably be talking about it. So it will be good to see it tonight and be able to join those conversations. Maybe you and I can compare notes as well!
I don't know if I'll get to see the movie in theatres (wah!) but I am currently reading Harry Potter book 1 to my oldest daughter. I feel like I'm delivering the gospel or something she's so excited! And I caught something I hadn't before . . . did you know that in book 1, when Snape first looks at Harry Potter, Potter's scar starts to hurt? Makes me wonder if Snape and Voldemort are one and the same -- I mean, it's almost too simple a thought, but Snape and Voldemort are never at the same place the same time. They both have histories so maybe Snape's possessed or something??? I don't know . . .
Post a Comment