Alright, Lyle Lovett and KD Lang last night were fantastic. I wasn't really a KD fan before this. I didn't dislike her or anything like that but I just wouldn't have bought any of her music or thought ooh I want to see her in concert. But after last night I am a changed man. I loved her. Her voice is so clear and pure and silky. Oh man she was just amazing. I'm going to be downloading her music now. And of course Lyle was awesome. He sang my favorite Lyle Lovett song, Pony on a Boat. If you haven't heard it or don't own it you should. The words don't really make a lot of sense or at least the don't make a lot of sense to me. He feels like those childlike dreams of if I could have anything in the world what would it be. And how those dreams don't have to fit together for instance in this song if he had a pony and a boat he woudl ride his pony on that boat. But also just how free one would be if they had this means of escape. He also sang a couple of bluegrass songs. I love bluegrass music. And the mandolin player was cute, cute, cute. Lovett lyrics are just hilarious. One of the bluegrass songs had the chorus "keep it in your pantry." It was basically a song sung from the perspective of a partner who was the cook of the house saying don't stray. It was great. And again did I mention that the mandolin player was cute?
Today I have done next to nothing. i got some groceries but other than that not really anything else. I had an on-line chat with someone at 11 and I was still in my robe. I finally showered at about 2 or so. I had to go to the grocery store and I needed to be at least a little clean. It was just so nice to be in the house without my sister and my niece I wanted to take advantage of it.
So that's it.
Alright, peace out my peeps
1 comment:
Does Lovett have a new album out? Ever since I moved from Nashville I have lost touch with some really good musicians. Did I ever tell you my husband plays mandolin? Yep. I too really love bluegrass . . . and newgrass stuff. I'd love to go to Telluride or one of those concert arenas sometime and just take it in. Wanna plan next year's vacation around it?
Post a Comment