Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Chicken Marsala and an Accordion

Okay several things to talk about today:

(1) My office: i went to my office today. I don't quite know how to describe my office except that it is somewhat open to the fellowship hall below, only shielded by a thin wall of plexiglass. It also basically has a big hole in the ceilng that exposes the office to the various weather elements. Not a sky light. Do not be confused. This is a hole. So often debris or in some cases rain falls down into the office. Needless to say I don't work in my office a lot. But I go in on Tuesday morning to feel like I actually have work to do in the beginning of the week. Anyway today I went in to feel like I have work to do and a library event was going on. Every Tuesday morning in the fellowship hall that my office overlooks what I'm assuming is a librarian comes in and reads to kids from the neighborhood. (These are white kids with stay at home moms, so don't think this is a great community outreach event.) But today she was not reading instead there was a man playing an accordion and singing songs. Now remember how I said the only thing that seperates my office from the fellowship hall is a thin wall of plexiglass well that means it was like I had an accordion player in my office. Only in church work does someone have an accordion player serenading them in their office while debris falls from the ceiling.

(2) I cooked for me tonight--just for me. I made chicken marsala and some pasta with sauce. It was a Rachel Ray dish and it was delicious. But seriously the 30 minute meal took an hour. And I dirtied every pot in the house. That is why people don't cook when they are single, because it takes so damn long. I mean even if the meal only took 30 minutes to cook then it takes twice that amount of time to clean up. And if you are cooking for someone else at least you can make them do the dishes or you at least had the reward of having a good dinner with good people and good conversation. Also, I bought the groceries I needed on my way home from centering prayer. On my way home I walk right past a grocery store that is new to our neighborhood, only about 8 months old. It is like Whole Foods except a local market. So the food for my one meal tonight, which granted will last me two meals and involves some items that I'll use at other times, cost $30.00. Now that is just rediculous. Again if it were some other person or other people it might be worth it. But just for me all by myself that is a lot for a meal. It is also the reason I don't shop at my local grocery store regular. Instead I go to the major supermarket Safeway, where I could eat several meals for $30. It's a shame. I'd love to shop in my neighborhood.

(3) Finally, if you have not seen Planet Unicorn on Youtube. You must, must, must. A new episode was posted recently. So now there are 5 episodes of Planet Unicorn. Go to Youtube and type in Planet Unicorn in the search field. It is hilarious.

That is it for today. I still have some more work in the kitchen to do. Honestly, it is 9:30. That is crazy.

Until tomorrow.

1 comment:

Darren said...

To bad it wasn't the rainy season - then you could have had a shower while getting work done and listening to Accordion "music". B.P. knows the lyrics to several accordion songs and might come in for some serenading.

When are you coming to seattle for a visit...we could go to the affirming baptist church and call it continuing ed!

xoxox