Okay I have a thing for b-level celebrities. You know celebrities that no one really knows. For instance, I nearly peed my pants once when I was in Atlanta waiting in line at the movies. I saw Walter Reed. Who in the hell is Walter Reed you may be saying. Well Walter Reed was this "celebrity" gardener who would do gardening shows produced by the local PBS station. He also was a regular on a a home show call Home by Lynette Jennings that was syndicated throughout the country. By the way my friend Drew, while we were in seminary, worked for a company, Emmaculate Construction, that renovated Lynette Jennings house.
Also, I went to a play here in San Francisco once and who walks in buy Norm from the first season of the Real World on MTV. I got so excited. (I wanted to immediately call my friend Aimee to tell her. She shares my obsession with famous folk.)
Well all this is leading me to the point of this blog which is to say that today was a good day. It was a good day because at the end of the day I was watching an episode of Paula Deen's cooking show on the Food Network. And on today's episode was her son Bobby. Why does this make it such a good day, well because I am in love with Bobby Deen. I want to be the future Ms. Bobby Dean. I don't even know if he is gay or not, I don't care. (Although, my friend Shannon and I suspect that he might bat for my team, if you know what I'm saying.) Seriously, I love him. And I recently found out that my friend Melissa who is a pastor in Savannah works with the pastor who performed the wedding of Bobby's older brother, Jamie. And that she now has an in to get us into the restaurant that they own in Savannah, The Lady and Sons. If I could have gotten on an airplane right then I would have. And I get so excited whenever he is on her show I can hardly stand it. And see here is the thing, I'm not sitting around thinking that I am going to meet someone like Colin Firth or some other really famous person who I think is hot. Because I know there is no possible way I'm ever going to meet someone like that. But Bobby Dean I mean he works for the food network and runs a restaurant in Savannah. I've been to Savannah. I know people in Savannah. I could feasibly run into Bobby, fall in love, get married, and adopt some cute little Chinese baby. So see I'm not delusional.
And alright does anyone else feel like when a holiday is in the middle of the week that the whole week feels like vacation. Now to be honest a lot of my weeks feel a little like vacation, but this week in particular. I mean I did not do much today. I read some and had a conversation with a colleague and friend, Ellen. But other than that I didn't do anything today. It helps that I'm not preaching this summer and I didn't have to do the bulletin this week.
Well that's it for today, I'll leave you with a question. Have you met any b-level celebrities that are worth mentioning?
5 comments:
I feel like a celebrity now that I've been mentioned in your blog! But aside from that, I've only had two celebrity sightings. One time when my family had airline troubles while traveling to Hawaii and had to be re-routed, we ended up in first class (all the coach seats were taken) from LA to Maui. Richard Chamberlain was seated a few seats over from us. He was in the tv show "Island Son" at that time, so we're guessing that's why he was going to Hawaii. In any case, my mom spotted him and excitedly asked my dad and I for confirmation of his id. Then later during the flight, while she was waiting outside the lavatory for my little brother (who was probably only 5 or 6 at the time), Richard Chamberlain came up and asked her if she was in line, so she actually go to talk to him. I think all she said was no, I'm waiting for my son, or something like that, but that still counts.
Other than that, I did meet Bill Clinton, but that was a planned event not just a random sighting, so I'm not sure if that counts.
P.S. Regarding your post a couple days ago about finally finding your Kashi cereal, did you happen to see any Kashi Medley there as well? If so, I might have to plan an extra day in SF just so I can go there and stock up on cereal to bring back with me!
Brian, you need to change the title of your blog to "Me and Bobby Deen" or "You can call me Ms. Bobby Deen." Quite honestly, I would be so jealous that you would have Paula Deen as your mother-in-law. Every Food Network fan would be jealous. However, you'd be big as a house if Paula Deen was your in-law. You'd be having 6 squares over at her house everyday. You would have to do more than just one marathon a year :)
There's something to be said about having a healthy fantasy life. Just make sure it doesn't turn into something majorly psychotic.
Growing up, it was my dream to be the future partner Lee Horsley. Do you remember him? He did some cowboy detective tv show way back when. The hat, and the handle bar mustache sent me over the edge. Then there was Grant Goodeve. (I believe he's gay, right?) And any one of the Van Patton boys. So that my list of possible celebrity husbands.
Well, when I first started at Belmont, I saw Stephen Curtis Chapman at the Mexican restaurant in town with his wife and kids which was a big deal because I was a huge CCM fan at age 18. Then, after I had graduated, I ran into Garth Brooks at a Chinese restaurant. -- guess it's one of the benefits to living in Nashville. I never said "hello" however because I want people to be able to enjoy being out without publicity. But my dad, a dentist, proceeded to talk to SCC about his children's teething woes and the Chinese restaurant's manager quickly came back with his camera to hang Garth's pix on his wall. So I guess when you're a celebrity it's hard to avoid the publicity. OH, and my Hannah saw Dillon and Cole (from Disney's Suite Life of Zach and Cody) at Cypress Gardens and she thought she was "the stuff." Celebrity Hunting is fun . . . Now, if you get to be Ms. Bobby Dean, I hope you'll have the good sense to invite your friends over for dinner with your mother-in-law. And I like the sound of "Brian and Bobby" . . . it's "right" and I'm sure the wedding would be catered to the hilt!
I had to get a passoword and respond to this email since we like the famous folk. I SAW BOBBY DEEN in person! It was November 2005 at a conference in Savannah. We went to eat lunch at The Lady and Sons. Bobby Deen was sitting at the bar talking to someone. I did not bother him. The waitress said that Paula was in the restaurant also but she was in a meeting. My latest famous sighting was Michael W. Smith in March at a local concert.
Post a Comment