Thursday, June 21, 2007

The longest day of the year

Well my fans have spoken, clamouring if you will, "Please, oh please continue to write everyday. How will we ever get through our day with out your musings?" Okay, well it didn't sound exactly like that and it was only three people but hey, a girl can dream.

As I mentioned yesterday, I saw Spiderman III today. And as I expected it sucked. Not sucked like I wanted to ask for my money back (Granted, I didn't actually pay since I went with my friend Sean who is a fire fighter in the town close to where the theater is and fire fighters get in free.) but sucked none the less. Here are few of the problems. (1) Too long--coming in at about two hours. (2) Some black goo from outer space covers Spiderman and turns him into this arrogant, charismatic, inconsiderate ladies man. There was no way Tobey Macguire was going to pull that one off. It was laughable. It also included a whole dance scene. (To be honest I enjoyed the dance number.) Also, one of my favorite part of this whole machismo makeover was that he would just pull his bangs down. Who knew that a hair style had so much power? (3) Too many villains. (4) Sentimentality. (5) Too long. I know I mentioned that already, but seriously it was too long.

The best part of the movie was the Harry Potter trailer. I gasped when I saw it. I was so excited I nearly wet myself. I cannot wait to see it. Speaking of Harry Potter, I'm on the last chapter of the sixth book. And I'm convinced that (a) Snape is not a bad guy and (b) Dumbledore is not fully dead.

Oh and I have a piece of Pride trivia: Today is Ellen Johnson's birthday. She is not a lesbian. But I am proud to know her.

Today is the longest day of the year. Eleven years ago today I was in England spreading the ashes of my friend Barbara. It was one of the greatest trips of my life. But we in the United States do not even know what the longest day of the year feels like. In Northern England, where were staying, it would get dark about midnight and the sun would come up about four or five hours later. (Now this might not be completely accurate because it was after all eleven years ago, but it got dark really, really late and the sun did come up really early.) Thank goodness for black out shades.

Alright, I'm off to meet my friend Lee for the Gay Men's Chorus concert. I'm sure I'll have something to say about it tomorrow.

Peace

No comments: