This is what I spent the day doing. Alright, not the whole day but the whole afternoon. I don't know how real bakers do it. I'm assuming they have better skills and better equipment. But still my back hurts. I also tried to get fancy. Big mistake. I had two layers and I decided I would cut them in half, making four layers. I have seen it on television so surely that must mean I can now replicate it. Wrong. I ended up with a big ol mess. I think I covered up the mistakes but there is a lot of patching. I do think it is kind of pretty. I hope it tastes good. In between each layer is chocolate mousse and then it is a fudge frosting. I have never made the frosting or the mousse before. So we will see. The nice thing is that my friends who will be eating the cake are kind when it comes to my cooking and baking. (Or I'm overly critical and it is better than I ever think. I'm going with really nice friends.) And it is homemade. My feeling is homemade beats store bought cake anyday.
I just got distracted by a phone call, so I'm not quite sure what I was going to write after this.
I got my rapture book today. Boy, Amazon Prime is quick. I just ordered it yesterday. I'll let you all know if my feelings about the rapture change. Unless of course the rapture is for real and it happens before I finish the book. In that case either I too will be taken up or I'll be left behind and I can blog all I want. And I'm also guessing that if I am left behind many of you will be also left to keep me company. (Also, let me know who Secret Rapture, yesterday's post, is. I'm not following a link that someone I don't know gave me.)
Oh, and tomorrow is the birthday of the iphone. I think tomorrow I'll post about how great it is. (Everyone's talking about it.) I won't be able to purchase one for a few years. But I did get to see it in January and it rocks. So I'll tell you about what I thought about the whole iphone thing and perhaps the whole mac world. I am quite the convert. I'm hope to one day be as evangelical about Jesus as I am about macs.
Alright, over and out, bloggers.
4 comments:
Dixie:
I'm Secret Rapture.
As far as I know, if you follow my link, the only problem is that Angelfire has annoying popups. If you use the Firefox browser, these will be blocked.
So others can find me, I'll repeat my post:
My inaugural address at the Great White Throne Judgment of the Dead, after I have raptured out billions! The Secret Rapture soon, by my hand!
Read My Inaugural Address
My Site=http://www.angelfire.com/crazy/spaceman
The cake was indeed DELUXE! Everyone loved it and it was a wonderful birthday present...Thank you again
BTW secret rature is sorta' scary
I am for sure a far out Space Cadet.
Post a Comment