Sunday, August 5, 2007

Where have all the people gone?

I had four people in worship today. Four!!! I was one of them. It was just weird. We still did the whole service but it was so odd. I did, however, forego the official welcome. Since I had already welcomed each one of them individually. Basically we set up our circle of chairs for 24 and then we, the same people who set up those 24 chairs, sat down in our usual locations. That mean that there were three of us on one side and one on the complete opposite side of the circle. Now it's really odd, but also it is really frustrating. I want to respect the people who did show up and who do show up week after week. But in reality I just wanted to go back home. I wanted to get back my last night when I could have stayed out with my friends but instead I came home so I could go to sleep and get up this morning to go to work. I know the number of folks who show up shouldn't matter, but it does. It does!!!

On the up note. I said above that i went out with friends last night. Well we saw The Bourne Ultimatum. It is good. Full on action packed fun. However, even though we arrived about 25 minutes early the theater was already packed. So we had to sit on the second row. Well this movie does a lot of close-ups. So where I was sitting there heads were giant. Pores big enough to swim in. A mole as big as my head. And its a good thing I have a massage scheduled for this week because my neck was killing me by the end of the movie.

So that's it for me. I did a yoga class yesterday that was an hour and a half long. That is a long time. But it was just what I needed.

Peace out!

1 comment:

Ellen said...

So is Matt Damon as gorgeous when you see him from the second row? I suspect yes, as I have yet to see him ever looking anything but hot. But then, I've never seen him with humongous pores.