Friday, August 10, 2007

Turkey meatloaf, regurgitated lettuce, and urine in a jar

Alright, I know I didn't post yesterday and I know it is a late post today. I'm sorry. I had a very busy day yesterday. I worked in the morning and then I had the gays over last night and I had to cook for them. (The gays is what I call my group of gay friends. Until I moved to SF I had never had a group of gay friends. I had friends who were gay but not a whole group made up of solely gay men.) I spent all afternoon shopping and then cooking for them. i baked a chocolate brownie pie. It was delicious. Although, it overflowed in the oven so instead of the smell of a tasy baked dish I instead had the smell of burnt chocolate. But the pie was tasty! Then I made a delicious turkey meatloaf, garlic mashed potatoes, and balsamic glazed green beans. It was delcious. Then by the time everyone left and I cleaned up it was midnight and way too late to blog.

Then today I also had a busy day. I had to finish up the bulletin and then I went and helped my friends Blythe and Craig finish up getting out of their house and moving into a new house. They live up in Petaluma which is really only about 40 miles north of the city. But today it took me almost 2 hours to get there. The traffic was terrible which was odd since I left the house at 2:30. Now normally traffic shouldn't be that bad here that early, but today it was. I had a great time with Blythe and Craig and their oh so cute son, Elan. Before dinner I got to read to Elan. Well read is a relaitve term. I really mostly opened books for Elan and then he would go get another book. Then over dinner he gave me his chewed up lettuce. I'm telling you cute, cute, cute! And so I just got home about 10:00. So you see it has been a busy few days.

But has been great. I love being with and connecting with my friends. (I also talked to an old college friend, Aimee, for about an hour today. It had been a while since we caught up. That was really wonderful.) I am such a relationship person. I completely get energy from being with the people I love the most. It's not that I get my identity from being with other people. i can be alone and feel satisfied as well. But I really love being with all of you. (Well probably not those of you who are just reading this blog but I don't really know you. Although, I could get to know you and then I would love being with you too.)

Anyway, I'll leave you with two things, neither of which are my stories but they are funny. First, my friend Mary Sue called me today to tell me about a drive thru kind of taqueria in San Diego that advertised that it was open 21 hours a day. 21 hours? Why 21? And what are the three hours that they are closed? Is that their marketing plan? Sure anyone can be open 24 hours a day but not just anyone can be open 21 hours a day. Funny. Second, we were talking tonight about traveling in the car as kids and I was reminded of a story someone told me recently. (I can't remember for the life of me who told me this story so if it was you let me know.) Anyway this person was on a vacation with his family, his parents and a brother. They hadn't been gone from the house long and he had to go to the bathroom. He makes this known but his dad brushes him off with the "you don't have to go to the bathroom we just left the house not long ago." But he persisted and his dad not wanting to stop passed a smallish jar back to him and instructed his brother to hold while he peed in it. Well he takes a look at this jar and say that it won't be big enough but his dad assures him that it will and says "now just use it." So he begins and it is filling up and he is still going. And his brothers eyes are getting bigger. And then as you now expect it began overflowing. And now here is the best part his brother just continued to hold the jar right there with it overflowing. Now there is someone committed to a job. I love that story. I think it is hilarious. I hope you enjoyed it too.

Later skaters.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

My brother sometimes peed in a jar while we were driving when he was little. But I don't think the jar ever overflowed. It must have been bigger than your friend's jar. I'll have to tell my brother this story, as he will think it is hilarious!

Rev. K.T. said...

I'm laughing so hard I have to pee!