Well another day off has come and gone. It was a nice day. I saw "Becoming Jane" today. It is a movie starring Anne Hatheway as a young Jane Austen. I love Jane Austen. I love a period piece. And this was no dissappointment. I really enjoyed it. Here is my question, before I went in I stopped at the little convenience store downstairs and bought a bag of peanut butter m&ms and a bottle of water. (Peanut butter is my m&m of choice, but I also enjoy the peanut.) Now I know that technically I'm not supposed to bring in snacks from outside. But snacks are so expensive inside the theater and the cost of admission is pretty pricey already. Should I feel guilty? Am I causing someone to lose work or their job because I'm not supporting the theater snack bar? I'm probably going to do it again regardless of your answer.
Have you ever done it? What is the craziest thing you have ever taken in? When I lived in Fort Lauderdale I went to see a musical once, a real life honest to goodness stage show not a movie. During admission this woman whips out a piece of chicken. A piece of chicken!!! Oh and what is the craziest way you have smuggled it in. I stuffed a soda in a jacket pocket once. But at least I wasn't like Kramer from Seinfeld who spilled hot coffee in his lap when he was trying smuggle it in his pants.
Let's go out to the movies. Let's go out to the movies. Let's go out to the movies and have ourselves a snack.
4 comments:
So you've seen the movie? I somehow feel like I shouldn't, but I, too, LOVE Jane and all things Jane. I think I will go and maybe sneak in a Twix -- my candy of choice!
Dixie,
Once while in seminary I went to the Tara with some friends. My friend snuck in a bottle of wine and wine glasses for us. The move was a real downer but we had a great time.
okay, what a great question. this answer will be long. first of all, i tried to get mark to let me smuggle microwave popcorn (already popped, of course, or what's the point?) into the movies on sunday. i love popcorn at the movies, but do you know the calorie difference between oil-popped and air-popped? if you don't, i'm not telling you because it is depressing. not to mention that my bag of microwave popcorn probably costs like twelve cents when you consider i bought it in bulk at costco. but no, my husband has to pay five dollars for the high-calorie stuff. whatever. i ate it and i liked it.
but now to answer your question. when copey and i were in college, we went to the Phar-Mor discount drug store to get snacks before a movie. but worried that we'd end up in the second row, i decided i'd go on ahead and get our seats while he made the purchase. what we forgot? that the plan was to put the snacks in my mega-purse. so chris, ever the creative one, simply put the entire bag down his pants. i think it contained a big box of junior mints for me and a bag of that haribo coconut candy for him. it was all warm when he pulled it out of his crotch region. awesome!
It is easy to smuggle in snacks to the movie theater in Alaska, at least in the winter, because everyone is wearing such big heavy coats that you can fit almost anything underneath them and no one will notice. But one of my friends once got caught (by an usher) opening a soda in the theater and got kicked out. So you not only have to be cautious about your smuggling method, but also how/when you open it!
Post a Comment