Okay, so I just got back a little while ago from Pilates/Yoga class. Normally, I go in the mornings, but today I just did not want to get up in time to be ready to get there in time. And I knew there was another class at 6. Well the only problem is the 6 PM class is a level 2 and 3 class where the morning class is a level 1 and 2 class. The latter being easier than the first. So let me just say I am hurting. My abs hurts, my butt hurts, my arms hurt, my legs hurt. The class started at 6, by 6:30 I thought I was going to die. (Not seriously, because death is serious, but you know what I'm saying.)
Last night I went to a play at the Actors' Conservatory Theater. The ACT is a theater that has given many actors their starts, including Annette Benning and Olympia Dukakis. The gays and I bought season tickets to the ACT this season. We didn't buy all of the shows, only five. The first show was Sweeney Todd. The second show last night was Speed the Plow written by David Mamet. David Mamet wrote Glengarry Glenross. He also wrote the Spanish Prisoner and Wag the Dog, among others. His dialogue is rapid fire and I'm fairly certain he breaks the record for the use of the f-word. The play is set in Hollywood about the movie industry. Extreme ambition that takes precedent over ones morals and ethics. So so far we have seen a play about a barber that kills people and then a baker bakes them into pies and then a play about warped ethics. I'm hoping for at least one play that has an uplifting view of humankind. Although, our last show is "Tis a Pity She's a Whore." So I don't know that I'm going to hold my breath.
Alright, I have to stop typing. My arms are sore!!
Peace out!
No comments:
Post a Comment