I got a freakin' parking ticket. Right outside my church. So here is the thing I really was parking illegally sort of. You see there are sections of the city that are marked, one hour parking, two hour parking, four hour parking. And on this particular street literally across the intersection from where the church is there is a sign that says 2 hour parking only. That is where I was parking. However, in four and half years I have never ever been ticketed for this offense. Even though I have parked there for more than two hours on many many occasions. So therefore by never ticketing for this aren't they essentially saying this rule does not matter. Now I guess one could argue that lets say I steal every day from a convenience store but never get caught that the store is essentially saying this doesn't matter. And that would be absurd. But I think I have a viable case to at least have the ticket reduced to just a warning. Because this was a $50 ticket. And it seems to me that if you are going just start enforcing a law after many years you should give people some notice.
Now for those of you who know me well you are currently asking yourself two things (1) Is Dixie really going to exert the effort required to appeal a parking ticket? and (2) Dixie was at his office for more than two hours? Well those are both very good questions. The first one I can't fully answer yet and the second one is because I was hosting my associations board meeting so part of the time was spent putting out food and attending the meeting that lasted more than two hours. But seriously I was there from 8:45 until 4:45. There have been entire weeks where I didn't spend that much time in the office.
Alright, thats it for today. It's almost time for Project Runway.
Brian
1 comment:
Alternatively you could say that this ticket, amortized over all the times you parked illegally, is really pretty cheap :)
Post a Comment