Monday, January 21, 2008

Abort! Abort! This blog has been compromised!

First before I begin the actual subject of my post I'd like to say a few things
(1) I just saw a grown adult male at the Safeway wearing a coonskin cap, complete with tail and everything.
(2) I've spent a lot of time today inviting people to my blog. I have to say I really appreciate all of you who are reading.

Now the reason for the added security. Yesterday I was at church and one of my parishioners showed up. This is the one who I wrote about a while ago and talked about going to his house for a dinner and there being a stack of porn literally 6 feet from the dining room table. And he said "I started to bring you a jock strap today." To which I thought "EWWWW" Then he said that he had read my blog. If you don't know the entry he is talking about scroll down a bit and read "The Limits of Target." Now I had been very diligent about not giving church members my blog address, because I wanted this to be a place where I could talk about anything including them. So when he said this I tried not to look too horrified as I quickly worked through all my most recent blog posts to determine if there was something in any of them that would have been particularly damaging. I don't think there was. But anyway so I casually asked him "Oh how did you find my blog." To which he said I was looking for your phone number last week and I googled you. (Now let me take a moment to say: every six months or so I give everyone in the congregation an updated mailing list or church directory with everyone's phone number including mine. And inevitably most people lose them and then don't know what numbers to call and e-mail me to ask me for so-and-so's number. Why do I even bother? Arrrgghh!!!) Anyway, I just played it cool--but secretly I was thinking oh shit now what am I going to do. So that is why I added the security feature.

I really didn't want to do it because I was pretty sure it meant people would have to get a google account and it would also take some work on my part inviting everyone. And boy did it take some work. I worked for several hours trying to add everyone's e-mail address directly to the blogger account, and I kept making a mistake somewhere because it only could be e-mail addresses and when I would try and copy and past from outlook it would include the name and brackets, all of which needed to be deleted. So I kept getting an error message. So finally I just sent out the blanket e-mail. But hopefully soon all of this will be behind us and we can go on blogging like before.

If you know of anyone who is not one of my direct friends or acquaintances who you know read the blog please pass on their e-mail addresses to me and I'll invite them. I really don't care who reads my blog as long as it is not a member of the church.

So that's it. That's the story.

2 comments:

Rev. K.T. said...

i guess that's just proof that "you can call me dixie" fever really was spreading!

HWH3 said...

How can you turn down a free jock strap!??!!