I'm still in Tennessee--but I have altered my schedule. I will leave here on Saturday, drive back to Atlanta, spend Sunday in Atlanta, and then fly to Florida on Monday.
My brother has stopped eating and only drinks maybe a cup of liquid a day. He is sleeping most of the day now. I suspect that his death may happen in the next week or so, possibly sooner. I'm preparing myself for the possibility that I may not make it to Florida before he dies.
I feel good about my decision to stay here and then worship at Oakhurst in Atlanta on Sunday and I think I'll still be okay with that decision if my brother dies before I arrive. I don't feel like there are things I need to say to him.
He is concerned about my father--my dad had a heart attack and bypass surgery about 5 years ago. He apparently told my sister that she should get someone to come talk to my Dad. I'm assuming he meant their pastor.
Right now as I'm writing this there are bluebirds and red birds right outside the window. Somehow I feel like that is a sign for me.
I've e-mailed my landlord and asked him to ship me my suit. At one point as I was packing I thought I should pack my suit. But then either out of hope or ignorance I decided not too. That decision I'm regretting. But for whatever reason I didn't--so that is that. And if it doesn't make it in time I'll wear what I brought with me.
This post is rambling, but it also is what it is.
5 comments:
Know that you and your family continue in my prayers.
Prayers for smooth travel and for worship which strengthens and comforts you as you head to Florida to be with your family at this difficult time.
First, I hope you've survived the tornadoes fine. YOur safety is top on my "I'm concerned" list. Second, you are welcome at my home anytime this week -- I don't care if it IS Holy Week. You need me? You've got me.
You're in my thoughts, Brian.
No proper words seem to come to me, but we have been thinking about you a lot.
Post a Comment