Friday, March 7, 2008

Airport Looky-Loo

Okay so I'm sitting at the San Diego airport heading back to the house after a week with my friends Mark and Mary Sue. My flight is delayed an hour because of weather somewhere. So instead of an hour wait I currently have a two hour wait. But that could all change. So I thought I'd sign on to the free wi-fi at the San Diego International Airport and post to the blog. (Why doesn't every airport have free wi-fi.) So anyway the topic of the post is simply a list of the sights, sounds and smells at the airport, specifically around gate 9, because I'm not walking around.

(1) A man in shorts and wearing dark socks. I don't know how anyone still does this.
(2) A distinguished older man talking on his cell phone while wearing sunglasses. Why is he wearing his sunglasses inside? "I wear my sunglass at night..."
(3) Pizzaria Uno--that's a smell. It smells so tasty, I might just have to get myself a slice.
(4) Hottie in a steel grey t-shirt to match his sultry steely blue eyes.
(5) An older Asian man who has fallen asleep in his chair. It's 5:00 in the afternoon. Unless he came from Asia there is just no excuse for that.
(6) Did I mention Pizzaria Uno?
(7) Another hottie carrying a Pizzaria Uno box while talking on his telephone and not at all keeping an eye on his pizza box.
(8) Angry hottie because someone sitting right next to him has started eating his pizza.
(9) Southwest airlines employee asking me to please give the man back his pizza.

I think it might be a love connection.

Peace out!

2 comments:

Rev. K.T. said...

As for #1, when was the last time you were in FL? I swear the shorts with the long blue socks must be perpetually "in" among the more mature.

toddx said...

You crack me up. Cruising for pizza at the airport. Larry Craig has nothing on you, mister.