Sunday, March 16, 2008

Lessons in letting go

So I did make it to Atlanta, albeit it a day later than planned. As many of you may know the first tornado to hit downtown Atlanta hit on Friday night and heavy storms on Saturday followed. I had planned to come on Saturday evening but decided to wait until this morning to drive down. So I got up early and made the short 2 and a half hour trip, arriving in plenty of time to worship at Oakhurst. Where it was wonderful to be and to get so many hugs and words of support. It was just what I needed before I wade knee deep into whatever waters of sadness and grief I'm about to dive into.

I am currently at my friend Paul and Melanie's and will be here through the night. Assuming everything goes the way it is supposed to (Which who knows what that means any more) I'll fly tomorrow to Orlando arriving at 8:40 AM.

As of last night my brother is still alive. (And I'm assuming since I haven't heard otherwise he is still alive right now.) I talked to my mother last night and she said that he is scared--something that I can certainly understand. But I wander if the fear is what is keeping him. Or perhaps he is waiting on me to get there. Tomorrow will be a week since he last ate so I can't imagine he can go much longer.

Your well wishes have been really appreciated. I am so grateful to have the access of this blog to my extended community.

I'll continue to update as things progress.

Peace out!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I have been to the place you are getting ready to go into twice in the last few years. Each person grieves in their own way. God is in control.

Rev. K.T. said...

the weather here in central FL is beautiful today. As I walked outside this morning I smelled the sweet scent of orange blossoms and gave thanks to God for you, knowing that you would soon be experiencing the beauty too. May God sustain you. I'm here, friend.

Cagey-C said...

May the peace of Christ be with you and your family, friend, as you walk through the valley of the shadow of death. You are in my prayers in this harrowing.