Friday, December 14, 2007

I don't need a Tickle Me Elmo after Christmas!

Okay, I just got back from Target a little while ago. Why you may ask? (Probably you were not asking that but I'm going to pretend that you were.) I just got back from Target because I went to buy Christmas gifts for my nieces and nephews. I was going to order them on-line and have them shipped. But all of the toy things I was going to get them would not have arrived until after Christmas. I know I waited to late to order, blah, blah, blah. But anyway I also ordered books. I like ordering on Amazon, particularly for Christmas and birthdays, because I am an Amazon Prime member which means I get 2 day free shipping on my purchases. And I did that last night, I ordered at least the books. But here is why I am a big doofus. My friends Mike and Don are in town this weekend going to a party in Oakland. So I put the books in my on-line shopping cart before they arrived and then I got busy finishing dinner. (I made a butter nut squash soup. It was goo-ood.) So I had to check-out after they got here. Well I was sort of talking and trying to check out at the same time and what did I do? I had the books shipped to my house instead of my parents house. So that means that free shipping to their house means absolutely nothing now. My plan is to just put it all in a big box and check it on the plane. Because I will be out of time to ship it, ship it after the books actually arrive here. Which is fine, but it just means I'll have to schlep it around the airport before I check in. But you know I go write to the counter to check-in so it really not an inconvenience. It would have just been nice. And I wanted to point out what a fool I was.

But I did get the toy items for my niece and nephews today at Target. This means that I have only a few more items to buy and I'll be finished. Yay! See I finished in time and did all my necessary advent things. I'm a rock star!

Tonight I'm going out for my friend Justin's birthday. We are having dinner at this really nice restaurant called the Last Supper Club. But we aren't having dinner until 8:30. That is late for me to have dinner. So I had a bag of french fries on my way home from Target and now I'm eating an apple. I have to have a snack. Then after dinner we are headed out for a pub crawl and my friends Don and Mike are going to meet up with us later. It will be fun. Justin is a hoot. Remember he is the proprietor of Studio Vox. If you need that last minute gift idea check him out.

Oh, and one more thing, you'll notice I added another blog, Anne Nahm. You have got to go read her latest series of entries. Read for the last week and a half or so, beginning with the baby j series. Oh my lord is it funny. I don't even know this woman but she is my new blogging hero.

Alright, until tomorrow when I'll probably be writing in some hung-over haze.

Peace out!

2 comments:

toddx said...

Dinner was great!! It was good to see you, but I'm bummed that I had to miss the movie today.

Oh, and I bow to your Xmas shopping prowess. I have yet to begin. I suck. :(

Rev. K.T. said...

I also LOVE Anne Nahm. She just gets funnier!!!

Are you coming to FL again? If you'll be down past the 2nd I'll be around and would love to talk again -- especially after my interesting holiday