I've attached a talky blog today. It is a story about a Christmas party I went to this weekend. You'll see I run out of time. So watch the video and then read below it for some tied up loose ends.
So Juuu-lee had two sisters, one of which was at the party. The two sisters were names Betty and Peggy, named after Juuu-lee's grandmother and aunt. So she said her name was french for Julie and that her mother wanted to name them all french names but had to name the other two after family. I don't buy it. I think she changed the pronunciation herself to sound all hoity-toity. It was kind of ridiculous.
Anyway, I just wasn't impressed. And the more Don drank the more impressed he was. He just fawned over the whole thing. I think I was actually more annoyed by him than the party.
But he left today, so I'm back to having the house to myself. Don is a good guy but I can only stand him in small doses.
Alright, well my Christmas cards came today so I have to get working on that.
Peace out.
3 comments:
Just thought you should know that your blog was an important topic of conversation at my dinner with Amy (and our respective significant others) tonight. We discussed how you might have described the various dishes we ate, much like you describe creme fraiche as "fancy sour cream." Maybe we can have a video conference dinner with you sometime. Wouldn't that be fun?!
You crack me up! Oh, and I hope Don doesn't read this blog. :P
Wow! I feel like a very minor web celeb! Yeah, it's me, Don, the drunk friend. Haven't checked Brian's blog since my visit last month so just now seeing this. Gotta say this is a bit more exposure than I would have expected. But it's a free country - at least for now. Now, to tie up some loose ends, the oil guy is President of Global Marketing for his company. I think Brian must be talking about Christopher Radko ornaments on the one tree. You know, the kind you get at Neiman Marcus. Juuu-lee and sisters were from New Orleans. And I can't believe he didn't mention the couture gown one of the plainly named sisters was wearing. Brian himself was fascinated by the thing while I thought it was too much. Oh, and that same sister is a famous alcoholic - though all three well may be! In fact, most of the friends who flew in for the party are raging alcoholics! As for me, I definitely drink too much and have for many years - talking about it all the while with my therapist while avoiding solutions like 12 step programs in tacky church basements. Anyway, sorry I was so annoying. Guess that happens when one gets in one's cups sometimes! But I just can't believe you didn't mention the fish. It was so fabulous!
Post a Comment