Saturday, September 8, 2007

IF you are going to get into a fight please pull your car over.

It is seven o'clock on Saturday nght and I have not written a single word for my sermon. Not one word! And so what am I doing I'm blogging. Because there is nothing like procrastinating. I just really am not sure what I'm going to say. I think I'm going to talk about letting go of one's attachments and to let go of a church's attachments. But here is the thing, I think I have about 1 minute of somethign to say about this, whereas what I need is at least 10 minutes. This is my first Sunday back preaching after the summer off and I didn't get going on sermon preperation until Wednesday. So right now I'm feeling like I'll never be able to do this. Now I know this isn't really true, but it feels true right now. Honestly don't know what I'm going to say.

I just got back from dinner with my friend Laine. As I was pulling down to the light that is a couple of blocks away from my house there was some altercation going on. A woman (I say woman but more likely teenager girl.) stopped her car in the middle of my lane and threw open her door and got out and headed into the other lane where I don't really know what was happening. It appeared that a car was trying to parallel park and she walked behind the car. Then the car stopped and he got out of the car and they started fighting. It was very odd. I'm assuming they knew one another. Finally we all just drove around them.

Oh well, alright, I have to try and get to work. If you are reading this at 7:30 PM Pacific Time please add a post that gives me some sermon writing help.

Help!!!!

3 comments:

Rev. K.T. said...

Sorry I missed the sermon help. I have been sick and so I was working on the sermon at the last minute yet again. I really was hoping not to procrastinate this time, but when you're sick, you're sick. Are we going to text chat this week?

Blythe said...

I always have a hard time writing that first sermon after a hiatus. I loose my groove or something. I'm sure you preached a great one though. And I would love to text chat too...

Ellen said...

At 7pm on Sat, I was enjoying dinner with Mike, Amy and Hans, and I too had yet to write a single word of my sermon. I had, however, bought the playdough and happily that was the most important part. What did you end up writing about?
I too would love to start the text chat again. I won't be available this Tue, but next week would be great.