Tuesday, September 11, 2007

An animal with a box on his head.

On my way home a few things happened.

(1) I was reminded of a pet peave. It is when the light changes and someone is in the crosswalk and instead of speeding up to get across the street they continue to just meander across, holding up traffic. For those of you who are not living in San Francisco, our cross walks don't just have a blinking red hand to tell you that the light is going to change soon. There is an actual count down so there is really no excuse. And even if there was an excuse once the hand is red, you should scurry. (And for those of you who might think I'm talking about someone who is physically unable to scurry, no. This was, I'm guessing, a college student, that I must, drawing from my friend Ranger's idiom, refer to as punk-ass.

(2) I witnessed something a bit odd. It was an animal in the middle of the road with a box stuck on it's head. It was either a oppossum or some other varminty type creature. It did not appear to be a cat. And it had just stopped in the middle of the road right in front of a bus. Now here is the odd part in the last couple of months 4 people have been hit by a MUNI bus. But this bus stopped and would not continue on until the animal moved. Now I'm not advocating for the bus to run over this animal. (I am advocating that the bus should have run down the punk-ass kid who wouldn't move out of the crosswalk.) But seriously at some point the bus should have gone around the animal. And why is it that it would stop for an animal but not for a human?

That's all I've got for today. And for the love of God get out of the crosswalk.

No comments: