It is hot here. Not hot like it is in other places but hot for here. It was even hot in my basement apartment. So I went to see a movie this afternoon. I saw Get Smart. It got a terrible review in the paper and even on NPR. Even though I love Steve Carrel and I had been excited about seeing it after reading and hearing the reviews I had pretty low expectations going into it. Well let me tell you even with low expectations it still sucked. I don't even know if the word "sucked" best describes it. The trailers were better than the actual movie. At one point I actually listed to a voice message that came in on my telephone and sent a text message reply.
The best parts of the movie were the air conditioning and the Nathan's hot dog I ate in my seat before the movie started.
I can't tell you enough to not go see this movie. Unless you really want to escape the heat. And even then I'd just suggest you go to a Starbucks or a McDonalds or a Shell station. Because any of that would be better than this movie and a whole hell of a lot cheaper.
Too bad.
Peace out!
4 comments:
After reading your blog, I almost re-considered my plans to see "Get Smart" this afternoon. But in the end, I went anyways. It wasn't great but I didn't think it was that horrible. Anything with an ABBA song in the opening credits can't be all bad :)
I love nathan's hot dogs.
So I take it you didn't like the movie, thumbs down right?? Just kidding:) Did you see Sex in the City? What would be Brian's review of that movie?
I scored some major husband points by going on a date to Sex and the City. I know, Brian, that you loved it. But sweet Jiminy Cricket, I spent most of it hoping I could induce myself into seizures.
Post a Comment