Monday, February 4, 2008

I got nothing

Okay I have nothing for today's post. I went to a super bowl party yesterday. It was fun--I'm not a huge football fan but I love a party. (Okay just as a side note, right now Paula Deen is on the food network and she is making deep fried collard green wontons! That is crazy! And I love fried foods.) Anyway the last quarter of the football game was exciting but other than that, kind of ho-hum. I had more fun eating the chili and hot dogs, oh yeah!!! And playing with the two year old of my friends Laine and Sheldon, Linden. He is such a delight. But he was so worn out that at one point he crawled in between the ottoman and the couch and fell hard and fast asleep. It was almost as if he started out to do some more playing and then just gave up. So sweet.

But then because I am on the west coast, I was back home by 7:30. I had time to watch a movie last night. I watched Hot Fuzz. It is this British comedy by the same people who made Shaun of the Dead. It was really pretty funny, not at funny at SoftheD but funny none-the-less. But then today I saw Michael Clayton. I have to say it was okay but not great. And I just don't know that George Clooney deserved an Oscar nomination, unless they are giving them out now for being hot. Which is that is the case then well deserved. Seriously, hottie.

For those of you wondering how my carrot soup turned out. It is really good. Some of you asked for visuals of the soup. The next bowl i have I'll take a picture and post it. I didn't let it boil long enough so it is a little chunkier than I would like and a little sweeter than I would have liked. The wine I added was a fruity wine and with the sweetness of the carrots and the apple it is almost a little too sweet. But I've been enjoying over the past few days. I'm going to bake a carrot cake this week to use up some more of the carrots. If anyone has any suggestions on how else to use carrots please let me know--I mean ways to cook them, get your minds out of the gutter. Also, if anyone knows if I could shred the carrots and freeze them to use in soups later please let me know. I just don't know. I'm sure I could find the answer on the internet but that would take effort. So instead I'll just ask all of you.

Alright that is it. To not have anything to share I sure did write a lot. It just wasn't all that interesting.

Remember if you are in a Super-Duper Tuesday state tomorrow is the day. Go out and vote. (I think I've decided who I'm going to vote for I'm no longer an undecided.)

Peace out!

4 comments:

Amy W-P said...

Roasted carrots are nummy! Cut up carrots in 1 inch chunks. Toss them with some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper (you can use other starchy veggies in this also if you like -- sweet potatoes, potatoes, turnips, etc). Put them in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Place in an oven preheated to 400 or so. Cooke for about 20 minutes, give them a shake and then cook til they reach desired doneness. NUMMY!!!

Rev. K.T. said...

amy's idea sounds really good! I love carrot and raisin salad -- it was a comfort food growing up and it's refreshing too. Also, I had an incredibe carrot dish once that tasted like sweet potatoes but I can't for the life of me remember where I was and what the recipe was. Oooh! I found this recipe a week or so ago and it is SO good. It's called Crockpot Lemon Chicken and Carrots. To find it, go to http://busycooks.about.com/od/chickenthighrecipes/r/cplemonchixcarr.htm

revmama24 said...

You can shred and freeze - use real "freezer bags" and get as much air out as you can so they don't get icy or freezer burned!

Blythe said...

You also can boil, puree and freeze, making your later carrot soup super easy. I also use pureed carrots in almost anything I bake, though of course you don't have the trying to get nutrition into a picky 5 year old issue that I have.