Thursday, February 7, 2008

Baby poo and ants

Okay I was trying to post a picture of the carrot soup. But I couldn't. And honestly that is probably a good thing because it kind of looked like baby poo. But it was tasty. You'll just have to trust me. And just so you all will know, I got more carrots today. If I ate all the carrots I have I would turn orange.

I don't really have anything else to share.

I will tell you about the ants though. So we don't have issues with bugs in San Francisco. But we do have problems with ants. They really start coming out when the rains come. I don't understand why, but they do. And they have been in full force for the last couple of weeks. And I mean they swarm. Do ants swarm? (There are a lot of them!) Well anyway I came into the kitchen Wednesday morning and I look at the box of Kashi Go Lean Crunch with Honey and Almonds and there is a line of ants marching in and around the box and then I see that they are coming in and out of the box. So I didn't know what to do with them. At first I moved the box to the dining table so I could wash down the counter. But then I realized I didn't want them moved anywhere else in the house. So I quickly got the box off the table and killed the few that had left the box. Then I'm spinning around in the kitchen with ants scurrying out of the box onto my hand. Finally, I just put the box outside on my front stoop. So anyone walking by had to be thinking why is there a box of cereal on this guy's front stoop. Now I could get it if it was like cocoa puffs or something, but Kashi GoLean Crunch with honey and almonds. Only in San Francisco would the ants go for the health food.

So that's it. That is my ant story. But the rains have stopped for a few days, maybe we'll get a little reprieve. If it is interesting I'll let you know.

Peace out!An

2 comments:

Rev. K.T. said...

Yep! Ants LOVE water. They come out in full force here in FL during hurricane season (AKA rainy season). I have an awesome pest control guy here who specializes in ants and seriously, if even ONE ant appears after he's sprayed, he's back. He's pretty eco-conscious too (thought not for the ants). I don't think he'd commute to CA though.

Rev. K.T. said...

Where's your next post? I'm eagerly awaiting it. I drove through Dundee yesterday and prayed for you and your family.