So I'm in Florida for Christmas. What this means is that I'm up well past everyone else and I'm usually watching things on TV I might not normally watch. (I mean it is 10 PM and everyone has already been in bed for hours.) So tonight I was watching the Luther College Christmas Concert. Really amazing. But they did a little Luther college commercial in the middle. It was sort of like the kind of college commercials they do at televised college sporting events only it was for a concert. During the little infomercial they said that of the 2500 students 1000 are members of the music program. So here is my question: Does that mean there is a higher percentage of gay men at Luther than there are at other campuses of similar size?
I think it probably does. But I be interested to hear your answers. I also am pretty sure that some of you actually went to Luther and can give me a first hand account.
My hope is to blog a little more while I'm here. So keep checking back.
Merry Christmas!
2 comments:
the percentages of students who participate in the music program at midwestern Lutheran colleges is similar across the board. i think when i was at St. Olaf it was something like 1/3 of the student body participated in the Christmas program. from my experience there were a lot of nice young gay Lutheran men (like half of my choir) who were musicians, especially singers.
You're in the wrong freakin' denomination!
Post a Comment