I'm sitting in my favorite coffee shop, Farley's. I call it my east office--It's east of my house and my church office. And in an effort to put off actually working I thought I'd blog just a bit.
(1) Despite the fact that I come in here frequently the cute "barista" (Is someone still a barista if it is not a Starbucks?) still does not recognize me. I just want to scream out when he asks, "It is always going to be a cup of Earl Grey for here!!!!"
(2) I asked also for a chocolate chip cookie--maybe he is confused by my inconsistent sweet order. But they were out of regular chocolate chip cookies. They just had vegan chocolate chips cookies. And I passed and instead chose a peanut butter cookie. Why? What did I think the vegan chocolate chip cookie was going to taste like? Did I think it was going to be so grossly inferior that I would prefer a cookie that I wouldn't initially have chosen over that one? I don't know. But I'm enjoying my animal based peanut butter cookie all the same.
(3) I heard on the radio on my way over that today the European Union lifted its ban on irregularly shaped fruits and vegetables. Apparently throughout the EU it was illegal to sell "nobbley carrots" in shops. I mention the carrots because over and over people interviewed said they really didn't mind nobbley carrots. But you know what this means, now not only do chickens have better rights than I do but so do nobbley carrots. I think I'm going home and make a pot pie made from chickens that are kept in tiny cages and perfectly shaped carrots. That'll show em.
Peace out!
2 comments:
I agree that vegan baked goods usually leave quite a bit to be desired. I find that the flavor is often good, but the texture is usually strange. Hope you enjoyed your cookie!
vegan cookies = nasty
Actually, I once bought a vegan molasses cookie at the coffeehouse by PSR and I made the counter guy promise he would give me another cookie of a different variety if it was gross. And it turned out to be quite good.
Post a Comment