(1) I'm at my coffee shop office--the place I come to work so that I actually might do some work. Normally, as I've shared before, I order a cup of Earl Grey. Well I've been finding that kind of bitter so today I decided to mix it up. I mean I've been coming here for weeks ordering the same exact thing and the people who work here still don't recognize me so its not like I'm going to throw them off. So anyway, I ordered Irish Breakfast. But I got to say I don't love it. I can't fully describe it. It doesn't taste like English Breakast tea. I wonder if it is made from real Irish. Because that could do it.
(2) The other thing is this. A while back I heard on Oprah from Julia Roberts and Julia Roberts' friend that I shouldn't use deodorant with aluminum in it. Even though I had heard about the dangers of chemicals in deodorants before it took Oprah and Julia Roberts to convince me. I had been using Mitchum unscented, but after I ran out last I bought a stick of Tom's of Maine. You know the all organic, blahdy,blahdy, blah. But here is the problem, I think that my pits stink now. So the only thing it is doing is keeping me from sweating. But here is the thing I don't know if I'm offensive to all people or just myself. And if I am, then is just like I'm European and that could be chic. Or do I just stink? Those of you who spent a lot of time with me last week let me know if you noticed a musky smell to me or if I'm the only one who notices. And those of you who have used these types of products let me know if you have a similar issue. And if so what have you done to combat the smelly pits.
See completely random and unrelated.
Peace out!
5 comments:
If you smelled last week, I certainly did not notice it. I do remember that during the infamous hurricane of our first gathering, out of the group you were the most worried about not being able to take a shower that final morning and therefore possibly getting smelly. So I suspect you might be particularly prone to worrying about your own smelliness. And I don't mean that in a critical way, but rather as a way of saying that you probably have nothing to actually worry about!
I very much dislike Earl Grey tea, like english breakfast and love irish breakfast. Maybe there is a rule that if you like Earl Grey you dislike Irish Breakfast and if you like Irish Breakfast you dislike Earl Grey and english breakfast is always ok.
Dixie, I've been using Tom's of Maine recently, too. It does smell a little odd to me, but nobody has said anything to me about my projection of offensive odors, and I didn't notice any odd aromas lingering around you while we were at Pendle Hill, so I think it's okay. At least, that's what I'm telling myself, because I'm in the same boat as you.
I don't think you stink.
i've never known you to stink, either, and i lived with you for four years. but you've pointed out my problem with using deodorant vs. antiperspirant. i know antiperspirant is bad for me, aluminum blah blah blah. but deodorants don't keep you from sweating, they just mask your musk. which to me, ends up being kinda like spraying air freshener after you poop, because then the bathroom just smells like poop and flowers. or "autumn rain." or "ocean breeze." please, people. poop just smells like poop. and BO smells like BO. so with nice, organic, safe deodorant, i smell like BO and fragrance. *sigh*
Post a Comment