Saturday, August 2, 2008

A lot of nothing


Well I don't really have anything to write today, but I thought I just give you a bit of stuff

(1) I have now had four rehearsals for Aida. I can't remember if I wrote about this or not. But I'm going to be singing in the San Francisco Lyric Opera's production of Aida. I'm in the priests chorus. Don't you think it is a bit of type-casting? I'm enjoying it. But it is pretty hard. There is a lot of music to memorize. More than I've ever had to memorize. There are also some cuties in the cast. I'm pretty sure a few I will see without their shirts on. It is set in Egypt after all. I'll let you know how it progresses.

(2) Currently I'm stuffing figs and drinking a Strongbow Cider. Many of you know that my drink, specifically my bottled drink of choice is a nice dry cider. Well up until last weekend I hadn't been able to find a nice cider in San Francisco--only the pear cider and the woodpecker apple cider which are a little too sweet for me. When I was in Scotland I had my absolute favorite cider, Scrumpy Jack. It is de-e-licious. In the United States most place I could find an import called Strongbow that I really like. But not in San Francisco. And by San Francisco, I mean the BevMo, superstore, in Daly City. But last weekend I was at another BevMo here in the city and I found it . I immediately bought a six pack. I'm drinking one right now. Yay! I'm also stuffing figs to take to a friends house tonight to watch the movie version of Hello Dolly. I know how gay is that? The answer: pretty gay! But that will get me ready for Tuesday night. What you might ask is going on Tuesday night? Well I'm glad you asked. I'm going to see Dolly Parton in concert. Where I will say Hello Dolly. I am so excited I could just about pee myself. WooHoo. I'm sure I'll tell you all about it.

Well back to stuffing figs. I'll take a picture and post them with this post.

Peace out!

3 comments:

Amy W-P said...

You're probably right that the San Francisco Opera production of Aida will feature men without shirts playing Egyptians. But I just want you to know that real Egyptian men and women are highly modest and rarely go around in public without shirts. So it's a good thing your not in the real Egypt because you'd be sorely disappointed.

Rev. K.T. said...

Sebring's little theatre is going to do Aida next month. I was goingn to audition but somebody was sick at home or something. Can't remember any more. What I think it funny is how WHITE the cast is going to be! Nothing like a bunch of white egyptians . . . literally

Ellen said...

Stuffed figs and cider- yummy!!