So I don't know if I mentioned this already, but when I am at my weakest, mentally unhealthiest, most stressed one of the way it manifests itself is through hypochondriasis, i.e, I think I have everything. Hence the reason that simply going to the doctor actually made me feel a little bit better. I realize that none of this is rational, but I can't seem to stop it. And I'm working on trying not to judge it but instead to just laugh at it a little. And do my best to let it go. (Granted some of my fears are well founded and I also have to be a little bit more attentive to my body now with my family medical history.) But in trying to be honest and laugh a little I'm going to list all of the various and sundry illnesses that I currently at least wonder about.
Colon cancer (obvious, I'm also pretty sure I'm stuck with this one)
Testicular cancer (not obvious and ridiculous but touching myself in the shower can only help the way I'm feeling)
Parkinsons disease (This is based on the fact that as most of you know I have a tremor in my hands. Well several years ago my mother said to me as sort of an aside about my grandfather, "well you know he had parkinsons disease like you do." Thanks mom.)
Chrohn's Disease (See above only this time it was said by my mother's sister, my aunt June.)
Gastro-enteritis (Thanks Jon Stewart.)
Brain Tumor
Hepatitis
Syphillis
HIV (Don't fear I haven't actually done much to get any of the last three, but I told you these aren't necessarily rational.)
Some adult on-set phlegm related disease that I don't even know the name of. (It also might not have been discovered yet. I'm Patient X.)
A parasite brought on by foreign travel in Scotland where I ate haggis and black pudding. I mean I know they aren't living in the dark ages anymore but you never know.
And then of course there is any number of things that I might hear about on the radio or read in the newspaper that I haven't even thought about yet.
Fun right. But again at least I get to touch myself in the shower.
Stay healthy.
2 comments:
I am trusting Ah-nold on at least one thing: "It's not a too-mah." :-)
Have you considered Schromboid Fish Poisoning? It's a horrible 4 hours.
Post a Comment