Sunday, July 6, 2008

My first week back

I started back to work on Tuesday. It has been a hard week. Too much to even talk about. Suffice it to say that after a two hour meeting with my treasurer/moderator/lone sane parisioner on Tuesday I was ready to take four more months off. Apparently the crazy did not leave while I was off. It also took me a little time this week to remember what it is that I do. And by that I mean the routine things, i.e how to put a bulletin together, who I need to call to give information, etc. And I started looking for a new pianist this week. Ours is leaving for another job. He has been great so I'm finding him difficult to replace.

And get this--this has nothing to do directly with my congregation--while I was away there was a lice break-out in the daycare that rents space in the building. Well they have this giant, fabric bean bag that they put in the fellowship hall where my congregation worships. Now I'm fairly certain that it was not cleaned properly. I am not touching that thing. And of course today the two kids in my congregation were all over it despite the best efforts of their dads.

Then today was my first Sunday. I came home really tired. Partly because it was my first Sunday back and partly because of what I was talking about. I talked about my sabbatical, specifically I talked about my brother's death. Anytime I have to retell that story it takes a lot out of me emotionally--multiply that when I'm telling my congregation. I really only ended up talking about that. I then showed an i-movie from pictures I took in Iona. I'll post that to the blog. It's not bad.

I'll try to write more this week than I did last week.

Peace Out!

3 comments:

Lee Swain said...

I had a hard time readjusting to work after a weekend away - I can't imagine 4 months! I'm sure you'll be back in the swing of things in no time :-)

Ellen said...

You have two kids in your congregation?! I'm impressed.

Rev. K.T. said...

how'd the lice story end up? Did the kids get it?