I really don't know what is going on with my blogging. I've been kind of busy, but that really is no excuse. I want to write about the opera, but I want to write about it when I attach a picture. Alan O took pictures on our last night, so I'll post them soon with a recap of the whole event.
Last night I went to see The Bonesetter's Daughter, an opera based on the Amy Tan book by the same name. She wrote the libretto. I only stayed through the first half because I was kind of bored to be honest. Two things (1) I don't really think I like opera all that much. I enjoyed singing in an opera but as far as holding my interest not so much. and (2) there was a character with the most annoying high pitched voice ever. Now probably it was a fairly accurate Chinese singing voice and technique that if I were more culturally sensitive I might have been able to appreciate. But all I could do was wish she would just shut up. So the friend i was with wanted to go and I was more than happy to go too.
Spent some time today at Farley's, my favorite coffee shop, where the music today was awesome. They played Say a Little Prayer. You know the Dionne Warwick song that was also used in one of my favorite movies, My Best Friend's Wedding. But while I was there I overheard two women talking, on and on about there various troubles which for one of them sounded like a lot. But the other one was was very positive. The one sad woman was talking about how she feels like she has too much to do. And the other woman was all about check marks. Check marks you may say? Yes apparently she makes a list of all the things she has to do and then check off the things as she does them. And then when she looks back at all she has done that week she feels so good about herself. First of all I don't think that would help someone who things they are already doing too much. And Second, I just don't want to get my sense of worth from how much I accomplish in a week. But maybe that is just me.
Its late. i just finished watching Project Runway. I can't believe Kenley is still around.
Alright, until next time. Peace out!
3 comments:
I'm totally with you on Kenley. LOSERS!
I feel good about myself when I keep check marks. But I rarely do that . . . thus my constant state of self-deprecation.
I use the to-do list method and it does make you feel good. I think actually scientifically, it's been proven that you do get a little endorphin kick from crossing things off a list.
Post a Comment